Over the years, my introvert self has slowly taken over. And I don’t mind, I embrace it and I accept the fact that it’s very much a part of me. I’m quite, calm and I enjoy solitude and being in my own company more often than others. The last time I checked, I’m still human!
These are signs that I’ve noticed about myself. Maybe you’ll recognize yourself in some of them (or all of them)?
You know you’re an introvert when…
- …you enjoy solitude and being in your own company.
- …you are reserved. Other might call it ‘shy’. Hey, what do they know?!
- …you’re detail oriented. You notice small things that other ‘non-introvert’ perhaps don’t notice. For instant, how a person speaks, hand gestures, body language, the pattern of someone’s shirt (yep, it has happened before).
- …you think before speaking or taking action. You think meticulously in your head for what to say (or do), when to say it (the perfect moment/timing) or even how to say it. At times going as far as to plan a simple conversation – jogging down notes, just in case.
- …writing comes easier than speaking to others. With writing you’re able to articulate yourself better. Emotions, thoughts or even opinions.
- …you take your personal space and time very serious. If someone messes with my personal time, inside I’m thinking evil thoughts about that particular person.
- …you enjoy working alone. I have no problem with teamwork but if given a choice there is no denying what I would choose.
- …you listen more than you speak, of course depending who the “speaker” is.
- …calm describes you best. I’ve been told there is a calmness about me (probably another word for shy or too quiet).
- …you prefer one-on-one conversations. In groups I tend to observe first and actually wait for my cue. But if I’m uncomfortable, I shut down.
Are you an introvert? What would you say are your signs/traits as an introvert?